"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Saturday, November 05, 2005

A New Family Tradition

I had such a blast last night! My two younger sisters and I met up with my cousins Noel, Ralph and Paul at our Uncle Bien's house for a little party. My sister Angelee's requested for everybody to go out for a drink when she graduated from high school. That was about two years ago and last night was the only time we were able to manage to pin down everybody on a weekend.

I arrived at Uncle Bien's house past 8 pm from my monthly girls day/night out with Jewel and Cathy. When I got there, our other uncle, Uncle Lloyd, was seated on the couch impatiently waiting for my three cousins to arrive. My sister Angelee was the next person to arrive. My sister Louise and her boyfriend Alex arrived about an hour or so after Angelee.

It was around 9:30 pm when my Noel, Ralph and Paul arrived. We started the party shortly after that. It was just awesome - lots of beer, lots of junk food and we were able to teach the others how to play Texas Hold 'Em (it's a variant of Poker). The best part is that we were playing for a small amount of money. Probably, the only time that sucked throughout the entire event was when I lost because the others didn't fall for my bluff!!! Aargh!!!

Anyways, I'll definitely get back at them the next time this happens. Uncle Bien's suggested that we start a new family tradition - Family Poker Night every month! And next time, we're going all out with the betting! ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home