"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Dreaded "D" Word

The last time I went on a shopping with trip with Cathy, she has noticed what was obvious when we shared the same fitting room – I haven’t been exercising. I tried to resume my usual work-out but I failed to maintain it. Damn physio ball! Why the hell did it have to pop like a frigin’ balloon?

I could be very anal about things and exercise is one of them. Whenever I do my workout, it just doesn’t feel the same without my two-foot gym ball. That’s the reason why I kinda stopped exercising. Hhmm, sounds kind of wrong. I think I should’ve replaced kinda with altogether. Oh well!

The gym ball’s the best exercise/gym equipment I’ve ever bought (looking back though, I think it was my mom) because I can use it on every part of my body – midsection for ab crunches, hips, buns, thighs and my arms. I miss that thing! I’ve been looking for a replacement for the last couple of months but I still haven’t found anything good to replace it with.

This weekend is a major turning point for me. My sister’s boyfriend Alex saw me again after a couple of weeks and he quips that I got fat. My dad asked for a massage and noticed the same thing. My co-worker Angel got assigned to Bataan for about two weeks and the first thing she told me upon seeing me is how big I got in such a short span of time.

I went to Megamall with my sister Louis for their 3-Day-Sale. I fancied this über cute, white long-sleeved blouse from Plains and Prints. It came in only two sizes – XS and L – because there were only a couple of pieces left. The only thing that fits me snuggly from their store is XS. Lo and behold, XS is now a tad bit small!

For the meantime, it looks like I really would have to make do without any equipment and get used to it. Which reminds me, I do have a Pilates kit that I haven’t used for quite some time now. Oh goody, a new routine for me!

I know I haven’t been taking good care of my body. I used to watch what I eat but I got back to my old ways. The biggest culprit in my weight gain would be carbohydrates. I was able to successfully eliminate rice from my diet for the last couple of years but living in a country where rice is the staple food, it’s hard to find anything to eat during mealtimes without any rice. My current place of work is quite far from malls wherein you have a lot of options for rice-free places so I have to stick with either cafeteria food or the set meals delivered by Mang Nick.

I also have the biggest sweet tooth. The urge to consume a lot of sweets gets really strong during that time of the month when I have my monthly menstruation. Just last week, I was eating a quarter portion of a ½ gallon of Magnolia’s very sinful Double Dutch ice cream almost everyday.

Exercise is fine by me. No, make that I RELISH exercise. It’s the controlling-what-I-eat part that’s a bitch. Although in fairness, I was able to do it so I guess I’ll have to again muster the necessary will power to reach my target weight loss of 5 – 10 pounds. I’m wondering if I’d be able to make the 6-square-meals-a-day discipline work. Maybe I can since we do have a lot of coffee/snack breaks in the office.

I just got back from lunch break and I was able to implement the first step on my plan to again eliminate rice from my diet. I’ve cut down my rice to a smaller portion compared to the usual. Ultimately, what I would like to happen is for me to limit my carbohydrate intake for the day to the ‘karyoka’ that I always have for afternoon merienda.

I have yet to think of what I will replace carbohydrates with. I’m thinking maybe protein or go to the fruit-and-vegetable diet route. I’m really not sure at this point so I’ll have to do more research. One thing I’m sure of at this point is that I would have to stock up on popcorn. I’ve read on a magazine that plain popcorn is the ultimate diet food – fills you up without the humongous calories.

I definitely would have to jump start my day with exercise for maximum weight-loss effect. That’d mean waking up earlier than usual. That’s definitely doable so I’ll go with that.
I’m now thinking of a reward that I can give myself once I hit my goal. Maybe the Princess necklace from Mango. How about a cute outfit from Zara? Anyways, by the time I get to lose my unwanted weight, they’d probably be having an End of the Season Sale (I’m giving myself two to three months). Oh, the possibilities!

1 Comments:

Blogger Arashi-KIshu said...

I hear you. I've ballooned up as well!

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home