"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Big Goner

I seriously thought that I was a big goner. Friday last week as I was trying to access my blog and all the other blogs that I go to (Michael K’s D Listed, Cathy’s, Jewel’s and Joey Madison’s), my browser kept bouncing back to the default website – which is my company’s website. I had only one logical conclusion – that our IT head has added my beloved blog sites to the forbidden sites list.

My first reaction is that posting at home would be such a big bitch. First, my cousin’s computer sucks. She hogs use of the computer and she usually spends the entire time playing games thus accumulating tons of viruses passed around in the Web. In fact, her pc’s busted right now. It can’t open any web-based mail although the YM is still working. The technician went to our house just this Saturday night and the verdict is that he’d have to come back by Friday to have her computer reformatted.

Second, it’d be expensive because I’d have to secure for myself a flash drive. I compose my blog in my laptop in the office and it doesn’t have any drives for diskettes. I can’t completely rely on sending my entry to my Yahoo or Hotmail e-mail because of the problem mentioned in the earlier paragraph. I can, technically speaking, burn the file on an RW disc/microdisc but what if her computer can’t read the files?

Third, I’m too paranoid about her finding out my postings or my blog even if the probability of her stumbling upon it is quite remote. There are some things that should just be kept secret from your family members – especially if you’re not close to them.

Monday morning – I am so very relieved that I can finally access my beloved blog sites. I got an earful of lecture from Kuya Errol though. He’s one of our IT guys and he showed us the report that the server automatically generates for every time that we go into the Web to do something. I wasn’t really aware that they have such a report and that they have a complete history of the sites that I go to. He quips that I am consistently on the top 5 of the worst Internet surfing offenders. I’m crossing my fingers now that he don’t forward this to our boss or else I am dead meat. Aarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!

Okay, so what exactly do I do when I’m logged on to the Net? Aside from reading blogs, I habitually watch the free videos from MSN for news and whatever catches my attention. I blame that on not having a decent working tv at my grandmom’s place. I also place the blame on not having enough time and energy to watch tv – I’m just too pooped by the time I get home that the only thing on my mind is crash on my bed. There were a couple of instances where I lay down for a couple of minutes and found out the next morning that I fell asleep on the clothes I went to work in.


So, the moral lesson of the story is to not abuse my liberty of surfing the net. I’ll never know what scathing repercussions I would have to endure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home