"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Just My Luck!

Yesterday, I just got back from a three-day business/pleasure trip to Hong Kong and I must say that it was absolutely refreshing. It was an unexpected trip actually. Friday last week, Ms. Ressie (our HR Manager) came bursting into our office and broke the news that our boss’ dad wants me to accompany him to China to do a presentation for a potential client. It was supposed to be my boss who’s scheduled to go with him but would be unable to since he has his MBA classes.

I was absolutely thrilled upon hearing the news because I’ve never been to that country before. But I didn’t think much of it since the last time they announced that I’m going to a business trip outside of the country (South Korea to be exact), it didn’t push through due to logistical reasons. I just didn’t want to believe it for the fear that it might get jinxed just like what happened the first time they said the same thing. The thought that the trip would really materialize sank on my mind Monday night when I finally got the tickets.

Hong Kong is absolutely beautiful! Our hotel (the Marco Polo Gateway) was located in the shopping district and there was eye candy everywhere! Too bad though that most of the stores carry items that are way out of my budget at this point – Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Prada, Escada, Gucci and all the others. However, I am very much thrilled to have found this amazing pair of boxers’ sneakers from this store in Nathan Road J It was a bit expensive (HK$570) but it was absolutely worth it since the brand is something that you won’t find in Manila.

I love the energy of that city – it reminds me so much of New York City, how it’s still very much alive even during the wee hours of the morning. What I love most about Hong Kong is their skyline – it would make for a magnificent cityscape subject should I decide to start painting again. It’s interesting to observe the peaks and drops as my eyes surveyed everything - from one structure to another, you feel like you can play connect the dots. All the high-rise buildings exude different auras, a flavor all their own.

I’m very much impressed with the city planning that they were able to execute in Hong Kong. They’re able to maximize even the smallest of spaces and turn it into a functional work of art. I could just imagine how much time and energy engineers and artisans spent at the drawing board to make Hong Kong what it looks like today.


It was a short trip and I wish I would’ve loved to stay a little longer if only circumstances had allowed me to do so. Mark my words Hong Kong – I shall return! I don’t know when though. Hopefully soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

chung cư hh4 linh đàm

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

<a title="làm kt3 hà nội"href=" http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/06/dich-vu-lam-kt3-tai-ha-noi.html> làm kt3 hà nội </a>

8:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home