"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Monday, November 07, 2005

Attack of the Garfield Syndrome

I'm just so bored at work today. Probably because I didn't get my 8 hours of zzz's. It was my fault anyway - I stayed up late to finish my journal entry. What I would give for last week's two-working day event would have a repeat! I hate Mondays!

My German's progressing real well. Martin's helping me relearn what I've unlearned since I finished Deutsch 101 last year. Glad to have found an excellent text book from Booksale in Megamall last Friday. It contained the exact information I was looking for. Still a lot of work ahead of me, though, if I want to polish my Deutsch fluency by the time the next FSO exam comes along. Maybe I should get tested for Deutsch proficiency at Goethe Institut as well.

Speaking of last Friday, I had so much fun going to another gimik with Cathy and Jewel. Too bad Kestrel's still in London. We would've had much fun if she were around - not to mention a lot more things to talk about. I wonder what's happened to her braggart-of-a-boyfriend Miki.
Cathy had to leave early as she had a story to file. She got to our rendezvous an hour later than what we've set as she came from Kalaw to cover a rally. Jewel arrived several minutes after Cathy but stayed behind to help me shop. The strap of my thong sandals broke while I was walking from the bathroom to Gloria Jean's. Aargh!


It took me a while to find a good pair of sandals to replace the one that got broken. I visited several boutiques - Cardam's, Wade, Itti, Mendrez but didn't find any style to my liking so I dragged Jewel to come with me to the department store. I finally settled for this red wedge sandal from Janeo. I was on a budget as well and good thing that it only set me back by Php298. It was supposed to be Php299 but the cashier gave me an additional 1% discount after I told them that the salesperson made a mistake with the price sticker on the box. I was shocked when the cashier punched in Php450 on the cash register and my initial reaction was to make a fuss about it. Good thing the whole thing got resolved in less than 5 minutes.

After I got the sandals, Jewel and I proceeded to window shop. I was now helping her find the ever-elusive little black dress that she plans to wear on her 1 year anniversary dinner with Robert. She found the perfect one several months back but decided not to buy it. Now, she's absolutely regretting not buying it because we couldn't find anything that looks good on her. Don't worry Dearie, we'll keep searching for it!

We dropped by St. Francis Square Tiangge before going home and happened to bump into my high school friends D and Cher. They were on their way to Podium to watch a film included in the Cinemanila Film Festival. We chit chatted for a little while before we all went our separate ways.

Sunday, I found myself in Megamall the whole day for the second consecutive time. This time around, I'm meeting up with Meg and Iza, my old co-workers from Sykes. Good thing I brought my book along with me because both of them were an hour late!

When they finally got to our meeting place, I forgot about how annoyed I was because I haven't seen these people for over 6 months! We had a lot to talk about since there have been many changes since I last saw them. Iza's now teaching at San Sebastian College and she's expecting to finish her Masteral degree in Archaeology in 1 1/2 years. Meg is happilly single and is thriving at her current job.

We decided to watch a movie since we didn't really feel like going home early. The only movie that all of us still haven't watched was 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin' and voted unanimously for a 'Yay!' It was just hilarious and we couldn't stop laughing non-stop. Iza kept teasing Meg about picking up some pointers from the movie since she's still a virgin ;p

There's this one guy - I forgot what the character's name is- that just reminded me of Martin. The tall guy that works in the stock room with curly brown hair and tattoos on his arms. He's the same built as Martin and I couldn't stop missing Martin after the movie ended :(

I surprised Martin by sending him a text message and his responses just made my day ;p Bis bald und mach's gut sweetie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home