"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A New Career Path?

I was surprised to have gotten an e-mail from a lady in Vancouver this morning. She says she’s read my shopping blog and that she liked what she saw. In fact, she’s asked me if I could help her out by being her purchaser. She’s putting up her own boutique in her area and she’s very much interested in selling goods and accessories made from the Philippines.

I was in disbelief for a brief moment but I felt really excited about it. I mean, I’d get paid to do what I really love! Then I thought - ‘Wow! This is kinda out of my league. If and when this pushes through, would I be able to pull it off? Hey wait, I don’t know a single thing about being a ‘pro’ purchaser! I think I have to undergo some kind of tutelage before I cause chaos or something. Then a more important thought popped into my head, is this the real deal?’

I thought about asking my Tarot cards but then I don’t have it with me right now. Brilliant idea – go to Nouel’s website! Nouel Rasella was my Tarot card reading teacher and he is just so very good at what he does. I finally got to his free card reading page and I asked two questions – one about the present and one about the future. I’m very intrigued as the answers were promising. I’d definitely have to make a few clarifications once I get home.

I suddenly remembered my friend Mimic. I could definitely use her help as she’s in the retail business – she served as a Purchasing Officer for SM and Operations Manager for Buffalo. I wonder if her number’s still the same. Well, I guess I’ll have to wait for her text to find out.


Shopping and fashion has always had a special place in my heart and to be involved in the industry in one way or another would definitely be a dream come true. I have this theory that the reason why I'm such a shopaholic and a fashionista now is because of my childhood. I'm the eldest of three children but I'm the smallest in terms of height and built so I always get the hand-me-downs instead of the other way round. When I was growing up, whenever my parents and I and my two sisters would go shopping, everything had to conform to my parents' style especially my mom's. My mom's style is very blah and it's just a recipe for disaster. It also didn't help that my mom's a really good spendthrift! I'm not sure if she got that from the Chinese or the Filipino side of the family but anyways.....

I remember this one incident when I was about 7 years old. We were shopping for shoes in SM Department Store and I wanted this fancy schmancy black and white polka-dotted sandals with lace-up straps. I begged and pleaded for as long as I can remember but in the end, my mom won since she had the purchasing power and I didn't :( I ended up with a pair of boyish-looking mocassins!

Now that I handle my own finances, she has very little say on what I wear or buy :) It's really funny because now, it's my mom who listens to me for some fashion advise ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home