"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Happy Camper

Everything's just a-ok as of today. I'm quite amused that I was able to get away with paying my jeepney fare as a student instead of the regular rate :D I'm wearing casual clothes to work today - the half and half skirt from Havoc, an orange racerback tank top, my hot pink Red Tred sneakers and my reliable Esprit back pack that's been with me for the last 5 years or so. I ran out of coins for my fare, I didn't have any small bills and the only bills I have are Php100's and a Php500. I'm quite chuffed that I was able to get away with my little white fib.

I'm an even happy camper today now that Cathy's able to fix the setting of my blog to include her blog and as well as Jewel's, Joey Madison's, Michael K's and Marga's respective blogs on my links. Although I am ashamed to say it, I am an ignoramus when it comes to the technical details of blogs. I made a resolve, though, to learn as much as I can about the language used in this blog service provider.

Anyways, the big news in the office is still focused on Alan, out IT Head, and the hullabaloo he's in. Early Sunday morning, as he and Frank (another of our IT guy assigned to the newspaper that my boss' family owns) was on their way home from a gimik in Timog when they had a traffic altercation with a high ranking official from the MMDA (Metro Manila Development Authority - a government agency in charge of managing the traffic situation, well mostly though). He had a gun with him and he fired a shot. Thank goodness that nobody was hurt and that the shot he fired only hit Alan's car.

Alan's already received phone calls from our boss and our boss' dad. Boss' dad (aka Mr.-Cabinet-Secretary-that-has-the-ears-of-the-President) has instructed the Editorial board of the newspaper that they should never stop writing about the incident until Alan gets a formal apology (I'm not quite sure if it's a public or a private apology). They're also in the process of mobilizing one of their army of lawyers to handle the case should it lead to a courtroom battle.

Yesterday morning, he got interviewed by Arnold Clavio in his morning radio show. Also interviewed in Arnold's show was the perp - Executive Director Angelito0 Vergel de Dios. He initially denied Alan's claim that he had fired his gun during the traffic altercation (as expected) but several minutes later, Arnold pulled a fast one on him and he incriminated himself via nationwide broadcast that Alan really was telling the truth.

Later that afternoon, a news crew from GMA 7 came to the office to do an interview with Alan. The reporter told him that they'd try to do their best to include the story for the 6:30 pm news. Everybody from our building and as well as our company's other building was tuned in but it the report on Alan didn't quite make it. Everybody was disappointed, of course, but we're crossing our fingers that it'd make the news by tomorrow (which is today).

I don't know exactly what'll happen to Alan's case but I do wish it'll turn out for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home