"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Creepy Guy on the Loose

There was once an irate customer who called on MCI’s Customer Service to complain about his bill. He was eventually routed to the Manila call center and got a very inexperienced newbie. After several minutes, he’s asked for her supervisor and she complied. Tom, the customer, talked to the supervisor named Yssay and they were able to reach an amicable agreement about his issue.

Somewhere in the middle of their conversation, Tom was able to get a hold of Yssay’s contact numbers. Soon after, he was calling her regularly trying to woo her but Yssay would not budge. She passed him around to her friends – Iza and Leslie (that’s me) – but both rejected him as well.

Tom persisted and eventually became Yssay’s boyfriend. They didn’t quite live happily ever after because Yssay is, admittedly, very childish and keeps on breaking up with Tom for the most mundane reasons. Despite all this, Tom is still by her side to this day.



==============================================

I don’t know what’s with Tom but I seriously doubt this guy. Sure, he was honest when we quizzed him on a couple of things (as MCI customer service rep, we had access to the customers’ account info. We once put him on the spot by asking him questions on where he lived and all that stuff. His answers matched what our records reflected) but there’s something about this guy that isn’t quite right. I just can’t put my finger on it.

Anyhoo, Yssay is the jealous girlfriend type. Since she and I are close, I send her all the correspondence that I get from Tom be it text (sms), e-mail or instant messages. Tom eventually stopped contacting me so as not to cause any more petty quarrels with Yssay. That is until last night…

A rundown of our conversation from last night until this afternoon…

T = Tom, M = Me

03/10/05 ?
T: Hello.

03/10/05 14:03:53
M: Hi.
03/10/05 14:14:59
T: Hope that you are doing well. I’ve heard you move jobs.

03/10/05 14:08:03
M: Yeah I’m doing much better now. Thanx. What’s up?
03/10/05 14:18:06
T: Nothing much really. Just thought about. Good your doing well. When will you come here in the US?

03/10/05 15:18:21
M: Sorry, was kinda busy. I still don’t knw when I’m going back. Maybe in a year or two. How bout yssay, when’s she going there?

03/10/05 20:51:49
T: I thought you come here more often than usual. Perhaps we can at least meet as freind (sic) which we never have a chance before.
(Hey, how come you didn't answer the question about Yssay?)
03/10/05 21:07:31
M: Well, I can’t promise u anything coz usually my relatives already hv things planned. How r u & yssay?
03/10/05 22:23:24
T: Yssay and me are do fine naman. She will probably be mad with me if I text you. She said that you forward everything to her whatever I text you. Then she will break up with me again and agian
(sic),How well do you know her? (Duh! She’s my friend and I don’t want her to think I’m flirting with you! Besides, it’s not like I want to have anything to do with you.)
04/10/05 08:25:31
M: I was lrdy asleep when I got ur txt. I knw her really well coz we were close when I was still in her team.
04/10/05 ?
T:
(I think I’ve erased this message but he was asking about my work schedule)
04/10/05 10:43:46
M: Depends, I’m on flexi sched. I come in anytime I want to long as I complete 48 hrs a week
04/10/05 11:33:28
T: wow, Nice schedules then.Do you have a Bf now?

04/10/05 11:26:05
M: Nope, I’m dating.
04/10/05 11:36:00
T: I see,, Why not come here in the US to work instead there. Your not corrupt so you’ll never make it there.
(How dare you say that to me – you’ve been in the States for what 20, 30, 40 years? You don’t know what’s really happening here so shut your mouth.)
04/10/05 11:29:26
M: The big question is who’l provide/secure a legit h1 visa for me?
04/10/05 11:41:22
T: Right, but you either have to take a chance in life. Marry in papers maybe?

04/10/05 11:35:54
M: I get the point but I don’t want to be heavily indebted for a visa
(Idiot, you know right from the start that I’m not the marrying kind even if it’d mean not having a green card. I already my US visa, thank you for asking and I’m contented with that even if it’s just a tourist visa.)
04/10/05 11:51:35
T: indebted meaning? Rely on it? or unless you happy there in your career then there is no need for you to relocate.
04/10/05 11:52:07
T: Indebted is open for discussion though.
04/10/05 11:44:31
M: Usually you have to pay someone if you’re marrying for a visa.
04/10/05 11:54:37
T: Yes,, but not too many here that offer it. A lot of people now are being deported too and money from it is not that much.

04/10/05 12:01:24
M: Wht r u really trying to say?
04/10/05 11:58:59
T: Do you still use your yahoo.
04/10/05 12:11:28
T: Meaning it’s hard to have a pre-arranged jusy to get a visa,
04/10/05 12:12:34
T: Hey, come here and may I invite you then.
04/10/05 12:46:23
T: Hey, are you busy ?
04/10/05 12:49:06
M: Yes, it’s lunch time

04/10/05 13:55:33
T: What exactly do you do sa new work mo ba?
04/10/05 13:47:19
M: Sales & marketing

04/10/05 13:59:20
T: when do you go online at your instant messenger?
04/10/05 13:51:29
M: Sporadic
04/10/05 14:03:35
T: so always fitful, be online like tonight if your not tired.
(Huh? Fitful? What, you Visayan that faithful became fitful?)

I met up with Cathy at Shangri-La for lunch. I was surprised to receive a text message from her around 10:30. I sense there was trouble but I just didn’t know what it is exactly. We decided to try Cravings and the food was just awesome although the service was crappy. Cathy and I were gaga over their Cream of Carrot Soup – it was really creamy and it tasted like Chicken Sopas. I loved their Strawberry Vinaigrette – it was tangy and wasn’t that sour.

I completely forgot about Tom texting until my phone was vibrating violently from his 3 consecutive text messages. I am just so creeped out about his invitation. I wouldn’t want to go near him because he’s like a pedophile, at least in my book. This guy is old enough to be my dad!!! To top it off, (he doesn’t know that I know this but) he has five ex-wives and his eldest child is just a year younger than me!

FYI: Tom is half-Filipino, half-German and doesn’t look Filipino. He’s lived in Germany for a couple of years, he’s stayed in the Philippines until he graduated from high school. After that, his family moved to the States. He’s in his early to mid-40’s.

What’s up with the marrying for a visa? What he’s not sure Yssay can secure a US visa that he’s cajoling me to be with him? Why is he so persistent for me to go work in the US? I don’t know him that well so I doubt it if he genuinely cares what happens to me. This just popped in my mind… this is like the classic case wherein a suspicious looking character is trying to get a little girl to go with him by using a lollipop or any type of candy as bait.


Why is he telling me all this? Why is he even contacting me? Most of all, what the fuck is up with this guy?

2 Comments:

Blogger Arashi-KIshu said...

Gross mother-efer!

anyway, Kestreläs blog address is greatestjournal.com/rosiel

10:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least the person bothering you over SMS is someone you know something about. I have a stalker right now who is a complete mystery to me.

12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home