"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hits and Misses

I really thought I found a gem in Gilbert but the circumstances proved me wrong. That prick pulled a fuck-and-dump on me over the weekend and I am still seething about it. He had this goody-two-shoe aura around him so it was kinda hard to imagine how much of a horny bastard he was.

Anyway, I last saw him about one weekend ago - he wanted us to spend the night at one of the numerous motels in the Pasig area. The fact that one of his former co-workers now works for The Flower Group (the chain of motels named after flowers, hence the name) was an even bigger motivation because we could easily get free accomodations with just one phone call (being such a cheap-ass should have been a dead give-away). I was able to convince him though to watch Wedding Crashers instead but that did not stop him from making a move whilst inside his car.

Fast forward to a week later - we were communicating through text messages when I asked him a one-liner question: 'Where's all this leading to?' I just wanted to know where we stand because after all, we seem to act like we're already a couple. Plus, he initiated everything from asking me out, holding my hand, kissing me, calling me by his term of endearment and doing the deed (it wasn't good, I had to fake an orgasm so as not to hurt his ego). Our set-up is quite unusual to me as I'm almost always the aggressive one.

No response from him for hours. He was preparing to take the entrance test for employment at P&G when I asked him that question so I first thought that it's okay 'coz the test might've started already. Texted him that afternoon, no response and he didn't answer my two phone calls. I was so pissed by his passivity that I sent him my last text message - 'I've tried my best to talk to you but this is how you respond. Fine, I get it. Thanks na lang for everything.'

I've read an article from MSN's Dating and Personals site that it's typically the woman who acts very passive/aggressive during break-ups. So who's the wuss now? If you don't want to see me anymore or if I'm meant to be just a fling then say so instead of acting like an egregious bitch cowering in her silence. I'm a big girl, I can handle whatever you hurl at me, milksop.

The only time that we get to see each other is during the weekends. Friday night while I was at the mall, he told me he can't go out due to the test he's about to take which is a valid excuse. I'm not sure if it is true but he told me that he's not free Saturday night either due to his uncle holding a birthday party and that his mom only told him about it that night. There's this saying in my country - "Pag ayaw maraming dahilan, pag gusto maraming paraan (If you don't like it there's a lot of excuses, if you like it there's a lot of ways to go about it)."

Saturday morning, I went downstairs for breakfast when I noticed my 4-year-old cousin Stephanie playing with one of our tenants' son Joshua. I was amazed by how open and vocal they were about what they wanted to happen to the storyline of their little game. How come as adults we lose that type of communication and have to resort to mind games? What happened between then and now to have made that type of communication scarce? Is it societal pressures or how different the brain is hardwired between males and females? The fact that the book 'Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus' became very popular some 10 odd years ago or so doesn't help either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/06/dich-vu-lam-kt3-tai-ha-noi.html

1:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home