"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Haywire

I was hanging around the lounge area in the office with two of my co-workers when we got to talking about having the blues for no apparent reason. The topic had hit a nerve within all three of us that what followed was a semi-serious discussion, more like a probe, about the possible causes.

"PMS?" Sol said

"Music (the guard downstairs was listening to one of 'em "bakya" stations that play sappy love songs one after the other)? Time of the day?" I said.

"Having nothing to do?" quipped Hannah

Whatever the causes are, it's never easy to snap out of that frame of mind wherein you're just so depressed at a flick of a finger. I'm thinking that I'm already acting this way, what more if I get pregnant and post-partum depression hits me? Would I do an Andrea Yates (An American convicted of murdering her 5 young children a couple of years back. Her lawyers claimed that she suffered temporary insanity when the killing of her offsprings were taking place. I think she's now locked up in a mental facility somewhere)?

The rational side of me's torturing myself for not knowing the stimuli. I'm having a hard time understanding why the hell can I not pinpoint the cause of my mood swings. Maybe it's the birth control pills I'm taking. But then again I've always had the artistic temperament. I'm just going around in circles that I should just stop babbling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rant Letters said...

I know the feeling. We have the same mood swings. Even I'm so high in happiness, there are times that I would just cry and I wouldn't know why. Even Robert doesn't know why I'm acting like this.

Maybe it's because like what you said, when we were in higschool, I tend to keep things to myself and I usually smile even I have problems.

Or...
Baka nga futago kita talaga XD

9:03 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/06/dich-vu-lam-kt3-tai-ha-noi.html

1:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home