"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Monday, July 18, 2005

Full circle


Woke up around 4 am so I could be in the office by 6 as I am scheduled to be in my company's Pampanga branch in time for the 8 am session. I almost blew my top off when the driver arrived 45 minutes late. If I knew that it'd happen, I'd have spent about 30 minutes more in bed. He was able to save himself from getting into serious trouble by getting us to our destination in the nick of time, otherwise I would've made it sure that Ms HR Manager know about the minutest detail. Besides he also had a valid excuse - he was only informed of his assignment the night before; the driver that was supposed to take us to Pampanga bailed at the last minute for some stupid reason.

Work was so-so and I was as happy as hell for the session to end by 3 pm. We were back in Manila by 4:30 and I'm just couldn't wait to meet up with the girls at Megamall. I hung out at Booksale (where I happen to find the perfect gift for my friend who loved Snoopy) til Jewel arrived. Cathy's over at the food court with the cosplayers when Jewel and I got there. Stayed a couple of minutes for chitchat then proceeded to Galleria to meet up with Kestrel.

In Galleria, I met a couple more peeps from the cosplay community and we spent hours in one of the cafe's upstairs to talk about their plans for the next cosplay. They want to do Trinity Blood and they even enticed me to do Monica de Argentto. I would really love to do it since I already looked the part with my pixie haircut but my schedule's kinda crazy so I don't know if I'd still be in the country (my job entails a lot of travelling both here and abroad) by the time another cosplay event comes up.

I eventually got lost in Kimmy's (did I spell it correctly?) very passionate discussion on the anime and decided to check out the store downstairs. Cathy joined me when I told her of my plan. Great idea - I got to acquire the pair of shoes from God Save The Queen (People Are People) that I've been lusting after for the last couple of months. It's a pair of strappy stilleto sandals with an ornate silver filigree and rhinestone design located at the heels and near the ankle strap. I bought it for Php 1,600+ from an original price of Php 3,000. It kinda sucks though that they only give a 45% discount for credit card transactions instead of the full 50% discount. Oh well, at least I got what I wanted. I'll update the picture at a later time.

I'll tell you the full details of our little window shopping venture on my other blog - www.msshopaholic.blogspot.com. By the time Cathy and I got back, only Rain, Jewel and Kestrel were left on the table. We decided to take the action to Eastwood for the main event - talking. After all, the once-a-month meeting idea came forth from our desire to cultivate our little discussion group about the taboo topic of sex (at least in the Philippine context). We settled on Ebizu where we spent a good couple of hours happilly eating and talking our hearts out.

When we were still in Galleria, we saw this guy (or was it gay?) that had the most beautiful rebonded hair. I thought it was my friend Richard (from my old office) so I texted him if he was in Galleria as well. We were about to call it a night (that was around past 1 am already) when I got Richard's reply - he was at home and then asked me where I was. I told him I'm out with friends and I got this message from him - He missed me liked hell and that he'd want to see me tonight. Since he lived near the area, I agreed to meet him (it'd take him 15 mins. to get to where I am). It's been like what, almost six months since I last saw him and the last time we were together, we were slowly headed to the dating route until it was abruptly cut short by my resignation.

I told the other girls about the date and got quite a reaction from them. Cathy jokingly called me 'bitch' for ditching her (we live in the same area and we always take the cab together on our way home) since she didn't have any money all of a sudden due to the loss of her wallet earlier that evening. It was only in Eastwood that we discovered the loss and that really dampened her spirit big time. Anyhoo, Kestrel went ahead while the other girls waited for my date to arrive before they went home.

The date was great - in fact it was my ideal date - going to some quiant place to talk. There was a big revelation on his part (he has an 11-year old daughter from his previous ex) but mostly, we did some catching up on what happened to us after I "abandoned" him. It feels weird to be back in the dating circuit. The last time I went out on a date was about a couple of months ago with a psychotic, stalker-type Saudi Arabian diplomat (I only found out about his tendencies after I decided to stop seeing him).

Let's see what happens with Richard and me in the next couple of weeks...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/06/dich-vu-lam-kt3-tai-ha-noi.html

1:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home