"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Wrestling match

I have a huge wrestling match in my head right now - actually, it's more like Royal Rumble than Sunday Smackdown.

(Commentator): "In the first corner, Richard the guy-who's-long-hair-is-much-more-gorgeous-than-mine!"

(C): "In this corner - Gilbert the Soda God!"

(C): "And last but not the least, Edsel the one-night-stand-from-Boracay-trying-to-do-a-comeback!"

My dating calendar started to become bustling about 2 weeks ago starting with Richard (initial transcript of the story under the blog entry called "Full Circle"). The day before our supposed date, Cathy, Jewel and I met up for our last gimik with Kestrel before she flies to London the following day. We thought about Dish and agreed that that's where we'll go when Cathy saw her old friend Jun. Jun recommended 77th Street in Mother Ignacia cor Don Hem, the place where Cathy hung out during her college days.

77th Street is where I met Gilbert. At first I was digging his friend Warren who's the perfect shoo-in for a Harry Potter look-alike contest. Jun found a way to get our group & Gilbert's group to chat when Warren announced a couple of minutes later that he needs to go home. Gilbert was supposed to go with Warren but decided to stay. Gilbert's just a year older than I am and works as a brand manager for a juice and soda company. I found him to be intellectually stimulating - we're both in sales and marketing that we had a lot of shoptalk. At the end of the evening, or should I say morning?, we were tight. We texted after I got home and never stopped since then.

The next night, Gilbert wanted to hang out with me at Jun's art film film-showing gig or in Saguijo wherein the band of his college friend Tom (also met him together with Gilbert, Warren and all their other friends) was supposed to perform. I wanted to go with him at either of the two events but it was just so unfortunate that I already have a prior commitment - a date with Richard.

The first time I went out with Richard, I was excited but that night I just didn't enjoy it as much as I though I would have. I'm thinking maybe I'm acting like a 5-year-old that ditches his/her favorite toy in favor of a newer one that just caught his/her eyes. I'm rationalizing right now that Richard and I would be better off as friends. Also in my head - Cathy's words of wisdom/foresight on Richard having a daughter and how I'd fit into the picture. I hate the feeling that I'm shortchanging Richard (which I admit I am very much guilty of) but I figured that he'll always be there. We started out as friends, after all. I know I sound like a selfish bitch but what would you have me do - cheat on both Gilbert and Richard? I've been down that road before and it ain't a pretty picture.

To make things even more complicated, Edsel texts me out of the blue saying he just wanted for us to hang out. As if I'm ever going to believe that! The last time we were together, he vowed to make it up to me in bed as he couldn't get his dick up from consuming one too many beer. At the back of my mind, I'm wondering if he already split up with his girlfriend.

Boys, can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/06/dich-vu-lam-kt3-tai-ha-noi.html

1:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home