"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Monday, August 15, 2005

What the F*ck?!?

Sh*t! What have I gotten myself into? I'm inside the SJ Lab 1 in the middle of class pretending to listen to the students' presentations. I'm here on an observer status, learning the ropes while Miguel still has the time to orient me on my new challenge - handling a class...a college class at that!

Miguel's been handing the students from our company's School of Journalism since the classes started earlier this year. Now that he's resigning, I'm the one that got temporarily assigned to take his place. I reacted like a deer caught in headlights - eyes wide with disbelief. I don't teach. I'm not qualified to teach. I can't teach for crying out loud! This isn't real. Then can't be serious about giving me this assignment. Sure I can talk the talk (which is with a natural American accent) but I don't think I'm fit to teach!

I walk into SoJ's Admin Room, greeted the administrator Dr. Boares and told her I'm Miguel's replacement. She was dumbfounded and was immediately in a state of hysteria as soon as I uttered those words. It was only this morning that she found out about today being Miguel's last day. She was extremely annoyed by the fact that Miguel began introducing me to his class as his replacement last Friday without their knowledge. She started to talk in tongues in front of me asking for my resume and my credentials to teach. At the back of my mind, I'm thinking I don't have any credentials to speak of, only the instructions from the powers that be, at least in my company.

We immediately called Ms. Ress, our HR manager and tried to sort the situation. She told us the last time she talked to Miguel, he committed to continue teaching until the end of the semester (last day's September 23). When I talked to Miguel, he told me that he wasn't able to receive any offer sheets as an SoJ faculty member after his resignation from TMTLI takes effect so he assumed he don't need to show up for the rest of the sem after today. To make matters even more complicated, he already has a plane ticket back to Hong Kong on the 22nd or the 23rd.

I don't know how this'll play out in the end but I sure hope I won't be stuck in the middle of it just because Miguel's too fucking hard headed and management's too pre-occupied by a thousand things. I meet with the HR manager for further instruction or if they have a resolution for the ruckus at hand but nada.

After an hour or two, Ms. Ress barges in the facilitator's room and dropped another bombshell on me - I'll take my boss Mike's place at the meeting with ABS-CBN's Director for their Talent Center about our company's partnership by tomorrow Tuesday. Holy f*%#@^$ piece of sh?t! This is way out of my league!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Arashi-KIshu said...

Dammit girl! what are you gonna teach the journ class?

I'm a journ grad but I'm also not qualified to teach. I know someone who is though...

2:54 AM

 
Blogger diamondblue said...

I'm in charge of their Speech Lab class and this is in line with my being connected to the Language Institute. The "kids" (most of them are slightly younger than me but there are a couple that's a year or two older than me) are just wild but they're good. A lot of people that I've talked to knows what they want to do in life - either in broadcasting or making it as a journalist.

If you know anybody who'd like to try their hand in teaching at The Manila Times School of Journalism or as a facilitator for The Manila Times Language Institute, just tell them to e-mail their resumes to me melissa.mendoza at tmtli dot com

1:26 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/06/dich-vu-lam-kt3-tai-ha-noi.html

1:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home