"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

War of Nerves

I'd hate to be called a 'man-basher' but at this point in my life, I firmly believe that men are natural born assholes. I have this one particular guy in mind and to put it simply, things are bound to get very ugly if and when our paths cross. He was a Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde type of guy - he looked like your typical boy-next-door and was a popular figure in campus. Deep inside, he's probably the horniest son-of-a-bitch that I know what with all his one night stands.

I blame myself for being struck by the stupid stick and fell for him even though I knew that he had a girlfriend at that time. He kept on telling me how unhappy he was with his girl and that served as his rationale for cheating on her with me. Things were going swimmingly well between the two of us because we simply clicked. We came from almost similar backgrounds and we pretty much agreed on everything. The fact that we were together almost everyday made the bond even stronger. It came to the point that he was thinking of leaving his girl for me until one of our acquaintances discovered our affair. Our acquaintance, having experienced his dad having three separate extramarital affairs, talked my Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde ex-boyfriend into choosing which girl should remain in his life.

Having started our relationship as friends, he told me that he'll let go of both of us to do some soul searching. That was April 5th 2003. I just don't know why that stupid date is still stuck in my head. We were inside his car talking about our predicament. It looked like it was taken out of a movie. He said he was confused but that he loved me very deeply yada, yada, yada. Being the big sucker that I am, I told him that I am willing to let him go since after all, I am the other woman. We were a weepy pair at that time and I even gave him my ring, saying that he keep it and then come back when he's free.

Shortly after we parted, he was sporting my ring and everyone around him was mystified about its significance. We still hung out and talk about stuff until we eventually lost touch. He was busy with school as he was in his senior year preparing for his thesis and I was busy with work. There was this one time though that he texted me out of the blue asking me if I wanted to have sex. I said yes because the sex was good and besides, I was unhappy with my boyfriend at that time as well. After that incident, we went on with our lives. I forgot about him being in my friendster list.

One day, I was going through my Friendster to have it updated when his picture caught my eye. My curiousity got the best of me so I immediately double clicked on his profile. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the word "Married" on his relationship status. That fucking milksop! I felt betrayed, I mean we were friends and he should've had the decency to tell me to my face that he was going to break if off with just me!

I now have a war raging inside my head on whether or not I demand for him to give me back my ring. His marriage is the finality to our predicament and there's no use for him to keep the ring. On the other hand, it could also serve as a token of our time together. The question is, would he want to acknowledge the fact that we were together at one point in time?

I've asked numerous friends about what I should do but I am still undecided at this point although, I am leaning towards the getting back my ring argument. What do you think I should do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

In all honesty, when it comes down to it, I think that by you asking for your ring back is just an excuse to talk to him.

Let him keep the ring, let it stand as a symbol for what was, he was suppose to come back to you when he was free... alas that never happened.

6:52 AM

 
Blogger -Snowman- said...

A agree! Don't ever start something with a guy that tells you stuff like that. Plain and simple that kind of men you are better without. We may always be ready to have sex but to leave a girlfriend for an affaire is less common that one may think.

3:24 PM

 
Blogger diamondblue said...

Thanks for the advise people! At least I've learned my lesson ;p

9:36 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/06/dich-vu-lam-kt3-tai-ha-noi.html

1:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home