"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Sunday, February 05, 2006

February 5th

Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful (Stuart Damon and Leslie Ann Warren from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella - 1965)

*When Sky Cable was relatively new, they had a channel called the "I Channel" and they featured a lot of programs that catered mostly to kids. I watched a lot of programs ("The Nanny") and specials ("The Cave of the Golden Rose") during that particular time and Cinderella is my absolute favorite! I fell in love with that film the moment I watched it and when Disney came out with their own production special during the late 90's, I made sure to never miss it. Too bad though, that Disney has no plans to release their version of Cinderella on video! There's just a timeless quality to Rodgers and Hammerstein's work that even if I live long enough to complete a century, I would never grow tired or sick of their compositions.*

PRINCE
Do I love you because you're beautiful
Or are you beautiful because I love you?
Am I making believe I see in you
A girl too lovely to
Be really true?

Do I want you because you're wonderful
Or are you wonderul because I want you?
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream
Or are you really as beautiful as you seem?

CINDERELLA
Am I making believe I see in you a man too
Perfect to be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful, or
Are you wonderful because I want you?

BOTH
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's Dream
Or are you really as wonderful as you seem?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home