"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Monday, January 16, 2006

Babbling To Myself

I'm just so bored - my life is full of random nothingness over the past couple of weeks. I feel like hyperventilating a bit since I'm set to deliver my Speech Project number two for my Toastmasters Club meeting this coming Thursday and I'm still in shambles on what I'm supposed to do. I have written something down and I'm just about halfway through with it but I have this nagging suspicion that something's wrong with it and I just can't put my finger on what it is exactly. At least I have all bases covered when I take over the Table Topics Master. I'm so very relieved about that. I'm just crossing my fingers that the others would think it creative.

I wasn't able to post last week because I wasn't really in the mood for it but this was what I wrote:

Everything’s okay in my world again. I fretted over nothing – just my paranoia and my insecurities. Probably it’s because nothing much is happening to me these days. You know, that old saying wherein idle hands are the devil’s playground. Not that I believe in devils, mind you. Maybe I just have way too much time on my hands that I start torturing myself with a lot of what ifs on things that are uncertain or things that I don’t know about. This is one annoying habit that I have to curtail.

What if this isn’t just a habit? What if it’s part of my personality? I suddenly remembered the old mystic that my dad brought home several years ago. I couldn’t recall the exact words that she used but what I do remember was that she told me that I am very inquisitive by nature. Maybe that’s why I question everything.


Enough with the babbling already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home