"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Monday, January 23, 2006

Kissing 101: "Can I Kiss You?"

Saturday night, I’m alone in my living room with the telly all to myself with ‘Honey’ playing in the background. I thought the story is very typical – down and out but talented girl getting a taste fame and gets burned; goes back to her roots and gets her priorities straight to emerge as a local hero to find fame the second time around on her own terms. There was one scene that stuck to me though – the part wherein the barber shop owner kissed Jessica Alba’s character.

Let me explain to you why…

A couple of weeks ago Hannah, myself and another co-worker (I forgot who it was. Should I be worried that my memory’s this bad when I haven’t even hit the mid-20’s range? I’m scared, this might the side effects of one too many Valium and weed :\ Going back to the subject…) were having one of those talks during a merienda break at work. I don’t really remember where we started but it ended up on the topic that I just described on the first paragraph.

Hannah said something to this effect – ‘A guy that asks permission to kiss me just turns me off.’ I was just very introspective shortly after the Goddess/Panginoon Hannah let out that statement. That little scenario happened to me twice on two separate occasions – once with Gilbert and more recently, with Kim.

At that particular time that I was with these two, I thought that it was pretty sweet of them since after all it seemed very respectful of them to do so – to test my boundaries first. Gilbert, I just met him a couple of days earlier. Kim, he was my friend alright but I don’t know him that well. In addition, it’s been ages since I last heard from or seen the guy so it felt a little bit like starting from scratch even though we both shared this crazy, memorable trip back in college.

Looking back, Hannah’s absofuckolutely and bloody hell right. I mean, think about it – you’re both in THAT pose. Yes, that unmistakable pose wherein you’re facing each other, your eyes meet at just the right time and your faces are about one baby step away from each other. He asks you that question and then suddenly it feels very anti-climatic. There’s that momentum going on in there and it just flat out drops so low you could well be six feet under. If you have romantic thoughts fluttering around in your pretty, little head, it goes kaput in an instant and the idealized sequence of events are ruined forever.

Second point is that they seem like sissies now. Are they man enough to take charge of the situation? Were they even born with a ball or two? I may be a willful, no nonsense, tough as nails, headstrong and independent woman but the operative word is still WOMAN. Somehow, somewhere at the back of my mind, the picture of a guy sweeping me off of my feet is still in there. You just have to take a closer look.

Girls, I hope you enjoyed my little rant. Guys, just suck it up and take a chance. Sometimes, a girl just needs to have her fantasies fulfilled.

4 Comments:

Blogger In a split second said...

you have a good point but in these days, men can be afraid if they dont ask permission that it can be considered forceful. College's say you should ask permission for every step of sexual contact.

12:25 AM

 
Blogger Rant Letters said...

Amen. good thing Trevor doesn't do that whenever we try to be romantic with each other. Wait, let me re-phrase that -- he haven't done it ever.

10:14 PM

 
Blogger diamondblue said...

Miranda, look at it this way - you're still lucky that you and Trevor have the opportunity to try doing (romantic) things.

I miss Martin. Oh and by the way, we just celebrated our 100th e-mail! I feel like a pathetic retard that my man is on another continent :(

7:13 PM

 
Blogger Rant Letters said...

That's true. Unfortunately, it's sometimes hard to be romantic with someone who always spends his time outside of town to work. So I somehow know how you feel. :)

Congratulations on your 100th email exchange with Martin.

5:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home