"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Friday, September 14, 2007

Being In The Twilight Zone

I've been out of Manila Times since May and it's been great. My stay with that company has been drastically shortened by two weeks with shit that went down between me, my ex-boss Mike and his Hell's spawn of an assistant Arabel. That's a story that I'll reserve for some other time.

Since June, I've settled back into vampire mode with my new job at Branders. That's right, I'm back in the night shift world although my work now is about 10 millions miles away from your regular, run-of-the-mill call center job. Although my work involves being on the phone most of the time, I go by my own schedule. And best of all, where would you find a company that lists catered employee meals (read my lips -- it's all for free!) as part of their employee benefits?!?

It's been a real sweet life for the past couple of months and was very much looking forward to the next year or two. Midday Wednesday while I was sound asleep, my mom woke me up for a phone call. I was still too groggy to be totally pissed but I took the call anyway.

On the other line was a guy telling me about an online exam I have to be in Saturday afternoon. My jaw almost dropped to the floor when he introduced himself as an FAO staff member. He adds that I'm qualified for the Programme Clerk position I applied for almost 6 months ago. At the time that I submitted my application to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, I didn't receive any confirmation whatsoever from them so i thought I didn't make the cut and gave up on it.

Now, I'm on the brink of freaking out and I'm trying to control it by reading up as much as I can about the FAO. I have no clue as to what questions would be asked of me on the exam and the best that I could do is to prepare.

I don't know what's going to happen next but I hope that it'll work out for the best. Whether I move on to another job and another routine or continue with the one that I have now, I'd still be very happy. Branders has been very good me since day one and I wouldn't mind staying.

11 Comments:

Blogger Arashi-KIshu said...

Hmm, what happened? It sounds bad.

9:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just like arashi-kishu said, i toured the world and landed on this blog. :)

good luck to your exam. :)

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:54 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:43 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, nice to meet you, sorry for disturbance.
Xin lỗi vì đã làm phiền bạn
[url=http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2014/03/chungcuhh4linhdam.html]chung cư hh4 linh đàm[/url],
[url=http://www.kenhchungcuhanoi.com/2015/05/nhan-lam-kt3-gia-re.html]kt3 hà nội[/url],
[url=https://www.lamchame.com/forum/threads/nhn-lam-kt3-ha-ni-ch-2-tr-lay-ngay.1672074/]làm kt3 hà nội[/url],
[url=http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/11/lam-so-ho-khau-ha-noi-lay-nhanh-co-am.html]làm sổ hộ khẩu hà nội[/url],
[url=http://www.kenhchungcuhanoi.com/2015/05/nhan-lam-kt3-gia-re.html]làm kt3 hà nội [/url],
[url=http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2014/07/chungcuhh3linhdam.html]chung cư hh3 linh đàm[/url],
[url=http://www.kenhchungcuhanoi.com/2015/06/du-an-vp7-linh-dam.html]dự án vp7 linh đàm[/url],
[url=http://bdshanoigiare.blogspot.com/2015/11/lam-so-ho-khau-ha-noi-lay-nhanh-co-am.html]sổ hộ khẩu hà nội [/url],

12:10 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Chung cư EcoLife Capitol Lê Văn Lương Mở bán
Ecolife Tây Hồ DỰ án
Chung cư Hpc Landmark 105

Căn hộ Chung cư hải phát plaza

Biệt Thự Hải Phát PLaza

Căn hộ parkview

Chủ đầu tư goldsilk complex

Mặt bằng Ecolife Capitol

Tiến độ Hải Phát Plaza

Thanh toán sunrise city lê văn lương

mua căn hộ happy star tower

11:56 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Chung cư EcoLife Capitol Lê Văn Lương Mở bán
Ecolife Tây Hồ DỰ án
Chung cư Hpc Landmark 105

Căn hộ Chung cư hải phát plaza

Biệt Thự Hải Phát PLaza

Căn hộ parkview

Chủ đầu tư goldsilk complex

Mặt bằng Ecolife Capitol

Tiến độ Hải Phát Plaza

Thanh toán sunrise city lê văn lương

mua căn hộ happy star tower

11:57 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

http://diamondblue.blogspot.com/2007/05/pulling-away.html#comments

7:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home