"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hypothetically Speaking

I was just thinking about what Martin wrote on the short note he sent to my e-mail several weeks ago. He says that he’s amazed at how well I understand what he’s trying to say and how no one else could do that. He’s even more amazed that we’ve managed to overcome the language and the physical barrier.

It definitely is. Amazing, I mean. We’re one month shy from commemorating one whole year of being connected to each other using almost always our laptops and our cellular phones quite often. It’s really astounding that in between our busy, sometimes depressing, sometimes dreary and a lot of times exciting lives, we’ve somehow managed to get by. It’s not as often as when we first started this relationship but I’m certainly thankful it’s lasted this long. And hopefully continue for a long time to come.

At the end of his short note, he left me with a hypothetical question. What would happen if in the near future we see each other again and find each other unbearable to be with? What if the chemistry we have on paper or e-mail does not translate well to when we’re actually in close proximity to each other?

I really don’t know how to answer that. I’m going to have to say that we’ll just cross that bridge when we get there. I will let tomorrow worry for its self because I’m happy with the way things are. There’s no use worrying about things that may or may not happen. I’m absolutely glad that Martin and I are really close friends and I’m even more happy to know that I have someone special albeit it might seem at times that what we are are indefinable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home