"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sick

I stayed at home today because I wasn't feeling well. It's the weather - hot throughout the entire day then it would rain at night without any warning at all. I went to Rockwell after I got off of work last Saturday. They were having a mallwide sale (up to 70% off) and I was hoping to get lucky to score a cheap 2GB Flash drive. Transfering files from my laptop is such a bitch without internet connection since I don't have a disk drive :( Burning files unto a CD is a complete waste if it would be just one file.

I wasn't able to find a flash drive but my mood was certainly uplifted after I got out of Beauty Bar :) I was able to buy a really good foundation from Pout with a 45% discount (50% if I had paid cash) :D The formulation was exactly what I was looking for - oil-free liquid foundation that goes on from a sheer to medium finish. The other thing that I love about Pout is their packaging - I'm a sucker for lace and Victorian design :D I also got a free make-over to boot using their latest line called the Goddess collection. Looks great on theory but I'm not too crazy about bronzers because it'll look disgustingly greasy on me and my oily complexion.


I got this from my e-mail today and I smell a scam...

Dear Mendoza,

My name is Mr. Yemi Daniel, a Banker with one of the leading banks here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire West Africa; I am the personal accounts manager to Mr. William Mendoza, who used to be a contractor with an oil servicing company based here in Cote Ivoire. My client, his wife, and their three children were involved in the ill fated Kenya Airways crash in the coasts of Abidjan in January 2000 in which all passengers on board died. Since then I have made several inquiries to locate any of my clients extended relatives but has been unsuccessful. I decided to trace his last name over the internet, to see if I could locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

Of particular interest is this large deposit with our bank here, where the deceased has an account valued at about ($15 million US dollars) They have issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or the bank will declare the account unserviceableAnd thereby send the funds to the government treasury. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over last 5 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the proceeds of this account valued at can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us seeing this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under all legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. If you can handle this with me, reach me by sending the following informations now through this email account:

1. Your Name

2. Postal Address
3. Date of Birth
4. Telephone and fax numbers
5. Profession with position

Thanking you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely yours
Yemi Daniel
yemidaniels882@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home