"Forget Prince Charming. I'll take the wolf." - Emily the Strange

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Changes Underway and Changes to Come

I wrote this one last Friday but I wasn't able to post it due to blogger.com undergoing maintainance...

I haven't posted anything for the past couple of months and a lot has changed in a short span of time. A lot more changes will follow within the next week and well, I am at a loss on what I'm going to do. Tonight I'll be partying with one of my closest friends one last time. When I'll see her again, I do not know but I certainly hope that it'll be soon enough. Amidst the merriment that I foresee, deep down would still be that feeling of loss. I'm certainly going to miss her and I wish her the best of luck in what she's about to undertake. Bis bald und macht's gut sweetie :)

Let's see, what else? I am in the middle of an office row. Two rows actually and it could both be explosive. The first one is with a female co-worker. Totally my fault. I'm just not comfortable handling classes and I was very indifferent about it. There's that sense of urgency to hit the breaks before it's all a complete train wreck but somehow my thoughts linger as to how screwed up I am. I mean there's that feeling of intimidation as to how good she is at what she does and that I might never measure up to her.

The second's with a male co-worker. It's one of those situations where the intent of doing something is good but it ended up blowing in your face. I hate it when friends (especially this particular female friend-co-worker) come running to me with their problems and they seem so helpless. I want them to feel better but I certainly can't fight their battles for them. Lesson learned.

I'm a bit uncertain right now. My favorite granddad's got stomach cancer and he just had surgery yesterday. The last news I heard from my Aunt is that he's still in the ICU. I don't want to lose him. It would come to that eventually but I don't think that now is the time for that. I don't think I would ever be ready for that possibility.

On a happier note, I got asked by the President of our company if I want to write for the newspaper that my immediate boss' family owns. I've always wanted to write and I sure hope that this is it. I'm bound to make mistakes because I haven't been professionally trained but I certainly hope that I have what it would take to make writing my bread and butter.

I believe and trust in the infinite wisdom of the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home